Thursday, May 29, 2014

Save Money Tip – Complete the Survey on the Back of a Sales Receipt



My husband Big Guy and I were standing in a sales register line at a clothing store.  
Soon his one-minute-man-patience for standing in a lineup ran out, and he abandoned me for the solace of our truck and his Prairie Oyster CD.

He had declined to purchase a replacement pair of work shorts (though sorely needed) due to their price. I was waiting to pay for one sale-priced item for myself.

I noticed consternation and furrowed brows at both cash registers while I continued to wait.  

I couldn’t tell if they were doing returns, or trying to send up a rocket.

When it was finally my turn, I was just hoping to get out of there as quickly as possible.

At the close of the transaction, the cashier said to me, “blah, blah, $10 dollars off, blah, blah, back of receipt”.

I don’t know what else she said, but the “$10 off” part came through loud and clear.

Roger that.

At home the online survey regarding our visit took 7 minutes to complete. (If you don’t wear bifocals, it will likely take you less time.)

The four digit code from the company was in my email in a couple of days. The code was good for $10 off any subsequent purchase of $40 or more.

Big Guy now has new work shorts.

The sales receipt for the work shorts had the same offer on the back. It's a gift that keeps on giving.

Big Guy now has new work t-shirts.

And so on, and so on, and so on…

The fine print:

Note all the rules on the back of your receipt.

For example, the survey may have to be completed within so many days of your transaction, and there may be a limited time for you to return to the store to use the offer code.  There may be a minimum purchase amount requirement.

Keep your receipt for details like store number, date and time of visit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think.