This spectacular show from Mother Nature will beautify our landscape for just a few more days.
Nature has its’ own schedule. It will not be hurried; nor will it wait for you.
With the availability of almost every type of food year-round in the grocery store, people forget there is a seasonality involved in food production.
This week a customer asked us if our garden peas were ready yet. In fact, it’s still too cold and early to even plant the pea seeds.
Here are some suggestions of ways you can appreciate the season:
1. Eat local food. Look for “Local” on the signs in your store’s produce department. Eating locally with the season is bound to be fresh and nutritious, and is without the added environmental cost of extra transportation.
2. Go outside! At this time of year, such beauties as tree blossoms and birds’ nests are just waiting to be discovered and appreciated.
3. Think about planting some seeds or transplants, even if it’s on your windowsill or patio. Before you know it, it will be too late to start anything new for this summer.
4. Catch time in a bottle - take photos.
5. Consider freezing local delicacies such as asparagus and rhubarb to enjoy later- before they’re gone.
To everything there is a season. I’d love to hear what you enjoy about this time of year.